Here’s how to use Remote Desktop Connection to connect remotely to another device:
- Click the search bar on the taskbar.
- Type remote desktop.
- A list of search results appears.
- Click Remote Desktop Connection.
- In the Remote Desktop Connection window, type the IP address or the name of the Windows device that you want to connect to; then click Connect. Windows initiates the remote connection; then you’re asked to enter your credentials.
- Enter the username and password that you want to use on the computer you’re connecting to; then click OK.
- If you’re informed that the remote computer couldn’t be authenticated due to problems with its security certificate, click Yes to connect anyway. You’re now connected to the remote computer and can use it as though it were your local computer.
- When you finish using the Remote Desktop Connection, close the app by clicking the x button on the top of the window, then clicking OK.
The remote session is disconnected.